Association Internationale de la Mutualité (AIM)
The Association Internationale de la Mutualité (AIM) undertakes to defend and promote at European and international levels the principles underlying mutual benefit funds that unite its members. The mutual benefit concept rests on six essential principles:
- health and well-being;
- autonomous management;
- not-for-profit orientation;
- social democracy.
AIM has the following objectives:
- to disseminate in all countries the principles underlying mutual benefit funds in health insurance, providence, pension
- and in all other sectors of social protection;
- to defend and represent the common interests of its member organisations;
- to be the most influential international association in the mutual benefit sector;
- to be a prime source of knowledge and technical know-how relating to mutual benefit protection, health insurance and
- related areas.