Women’s Environmental Network
Women’s Environmental Network is a unique and innovative campaigning organization representing women on campaigns that link gender, environment and health issues. It was founded in 1988, it is a registered charity in the UK, based in London; WEN is a membership organization.
WEN’s main aims are:
- To educate, inform and empower women and men who care about the environment.
- To campaign on environmental and health issues from a women’s perspective.
- To enable people to use their consumer power as a force for positive environmental change.
- To carry out thorough independent research to provide clear and comprehensive information on environmental and health issues.
- To offer positive alternatives and provide simple and effective ways to take action.
- To link individual women and organizations to share information and experiences and create a strong international coalitions.
- To take and encourage action which prevents harm and enhances our environment.
Office: 4 Pinchin Street, London E1
Tel: +44 (0)20 7481 9004