Breast Cancer UK – Ask your local candidates to pledge to prevent breast cancer
A day before the UK general election, Breast Cancer UK needs your help to persuade the next Government to take action and prioritise the primary prevention of breast cancer by tackling all of the root causes of the disease.
Improved public health policies, tougher chemicals regulation and research funding that focuses on the causes and prevention of the disease will help to stop breast cancer before it starts.
Please take a moment to identify your local candidates for the forthcoming UK general election and ask them to sign up in support of our manifesto for the next Government ’Prevention is better than cure’.
The manifesto calls for:
1. The primary prevention of breast cancer;
2. Tougher chemicals regulation;
3. Protection of future generations;
4. A ban on Bisphenol A in food and drinks packaging; and,
5. The right to know what chemicals of concern are in the products we buy.
By raising concerns with prospective parliamentary candidates, then citizens and organisations like Breast Cancer UK will be in a stronger position to ask them to take action should they get into Parliament.
Originally posted on 6 May 2015