EFA: “Meet and Greet the European Union Institutions 2013” Training
In October 2013 the EFA Brussel’s Office organised the 4th edition of the “Meet and Greet the European Union Institutions” training. The objective was to present the EU to EFA members, its history, decision-making process and health related issues.
This two-day event consisted in theoretical and practical sessions. Key points were:
- Presentation of EFA’s advocacy priorities
- Reminder by the European Patients’ Forum (EPF) of the added value of stakeholders’ collaboration
- Organisation by EFA members of meetings with MEPs from their respective countries
- Visit of the Parliamentarium
- Presentation to policy makers of EFA’s manifesto for 2014 European Parliament Elections
- A workshop on air pollution with a presentation from Scott Brockett (DG ENV) on the EC revision proposal of the ‘EU Thematic Strategy on Air Pollution’; from Petros Varelidis (Environment Attaché of Greece to the EU) on air pollution priorities of the Greek Presidency of the Council of the European Union (Jan-June 2014); from Anne Stauffer (Health and Environment Alliance – HEAL, of which EFA is a member) on NGO’s strategy
- A role-play on the EU Tobacco Products Directive
Enriching debates and topic proposals for forthcoming meetings participated to the success of this meeting.
Originally posted on 27 November 2013