Fundacion Vivo Sano announces Congress on Risks for Public Health & the Environment
The Health Defense Organization in co-operation with HEAL memegber Fundacion Vivo Sano, the European Network of Scientists for Social and Environmental Responsibility (ENSSER) and the European Environment Agency (EEA) are organising an international Conference on Risks for Public Health and the Environment, which will be held 16-18 May in Madrid, with the participation of international experts, NGOs, international organisations and policy makers.
The main aims of the conference are:
1. Increasing public and political awareness of social, economic and environmental risks of current and new technologies
2. Providing a forum for open public debate where experts from different fields can address several issues such as:
- What are the public health and environment risks of technologies such as modern biotechnology, nanotechnology, electromagnetic fields and novel chemicals ?
- Which are the current policies and procedures for shaping and assessing these technologies?
- Which are the main barriers to avoiding or minimizing risks?
3.Creating an Action Plan with concrete and realistic activities to support the changes needed.
Click here for more information and registration details
Last updated on 7 March 2012