World Environment Day: Talking Health!
Le Réseau Environnement Santé (RES) and la Mutuelle Familiale are organizing different events across France from 4 - 6 June 2012. They want to address various health issues, including the harmful effects of exposure to endocrine disruptors. World Environment Day on 5 June is an opportune moment to stimulate awareness of the environment and to enhance political attention and public action.
At each event there will be a screening of the documentary "The great invasion" by Stéphane Horel followed by a debate with a member of RES. The documentary features prominent scientists, such as Shanna Swan, Ana Soto, Niels Skakkebaek, Linda Birnbaum… They elaborate on the scientific evidence linking chronic diseases, breast cancer and obesity to chemicals. Their alarming conclusions don’t prevent the filmmaker to add a dash of humour, poetry and animation collages showing the parallel destinies of humans and laboratory animals.
In some regions, afternoon workshops will be organized promoting healthy and environmentally friendly food.
More information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thourotte: June 4, 2012 with François Veillerette
- Conflans-en-Jarnisy: June 5, 2012 with Aldino Izzi
- Lorient : June 5, 2012 with Jean-Francois Deleume
- Paris: June 5, 2012 with André Cicolella
- Reims: June 5, 2012 with Marianne Buhler
- Lons le Saulnier: June 6, 2012 with Yannick Vicaire.
Originally posted on 10 May 2012