Environment and Health in Europe - Advocacy and Capacity Building Training Programme Report
Over 50 participants attended the Advocacy and Capacity Building Training Programme organised by EPHA Environment Network in collaboration with Physicians for Social Responsibility on 31 January and 1 February 2005.
The advocacy training programme was aimed at strengthening the advocacy efforts of the European health and environment community. Sessions allowed an update on EU institutional policy priorities, hands-on advocacy and media training, an introduction to Internet campaigning, a sharing of experiences from across Europe, and an opportunity to consider the priorities of the network as a whole.
Below you will find the programme, presentations, as well as the final report.
- Changing Environment Changing Health, Katherine M.Shea
- Health Community Perspective, European Council of Classical Homeopathy, Stephen Gordon
- Internet campaign, Chemical Reaction, Anja Leetz
- Internet campaign, Mercury (PSR), Susan Marmagas
- Internet campaign, Autism Europe, Christine Cahill
- Success stories I, Making Hospitals Sustainable, Green and Safe, Karolina Ruzickova (HCWH)
- Success stories II, ERS Environmental Strategy Group, Dr Jorrit Gerritsen (ERS)
- Success stories III, Breastfeeding and infant feeding, Maryse Lehners (IBFAN)
- Success stories IV, Child injuries, Morag McKay (Ecosa)
- Success stories V, Education on environmental medicine, Peter Ohnsorge (European Academy of Environmental Medicine)
- Success stories VI, Getting Lippy about cosmetics..., Helen Lynn (WEN)
- Steps in developing advocacy campaigns, Susan Marmagas
Last updated on 14 June 2011