Mercury and Health
”Relatively low doses of mercury containing compounds can have serious adverse neurodevelopmental impacts.”
How Toxic is Mercury?
Mercury is a naturally occurring metal whose primary store is within the planet. It comes in different forms, most of which are toxic to humans, ecosystems and wild-life. High doses can be fatal to humans, but even relatively low doses of mercury containing compounds can have serious adverse neurodevelopmental impacts, and have recently been linked with possible harmful effects on the cardiovascular, immune and reproductive systems.
Read on in report.
Last updated on 14 June 2011
- Mercury and Health (PDF – 117.2 kb)