Zero Mercury Key issues and policy recommendations for the EU Strategy on Mercury
Zero Mercury: key issues and policy recommendations for the EU Strategy on Mercury is a joint publication by the European Environment Bureau, EPHA Environment Network, Health Care Without Harm and the Ban Mercury Working Group.
Issued in April 2006, the 140-page booklet analyses and presents the views of public interest groups from the environmental and health sector on the different actions proposed in the EU Strategy on Mercury. The document also provides policy recommendations that can be summarised as follows:
- Reducing mercury emissions to air and water;
- Reducing supply and achieve a ban on EU mercury exports;
- Reducing demand and phase out the remaining uses of mercury;
- Protection against human exposure to mercury;
- Supporting and promoting international action.
More information can also be found on the Zero Mercury Campaign website.
Last updated on 14 June 2011