Endocrinologists’ editorial: media unveil conflict of interest
An unprecedented scientific debate has started after an editorial published simultaneously in 14 toxicology journals, criticised EU plans for regulation of endocrine disrupting chemicals (EDCs).
The media have recently picked up the debate and carried out their own research, revealing that nearly all of the signatories of the controversial editorial have or have had industry ties.
You can read the investigative article by Stéphane Horel and Brian Bienkowski in the original English version or translated into French and German.
- Special report: Scientists critical of EU chemical policy have industry ties
By Stéphane Horel and Brian Bienkowski. This work is attributed to Environmental Health News, 15 October 2013
- Science and conflicts of interest: Ties to industry revealed
By Stéphane Horel. This work is attributed to Environmental Health News, 15 October 2013
- Perturbateurs endocriniens : conflits d’intérêts à haute dose
By Stéphane Horel and Brian Bienkowski, 4 October 2013
- Interessenskonflikte aufgedeckt: Kritiker der EU Chemikalienregulierung haben Verbindungen zur Industrie
German translation provided by HEAL, October 2013. Original article in English attributed to Environmental HEalth News, 15 October 2013
Originally posted on 22 October 2013
- German translation (PDF – 230.6 kb)